CATLAB™ Workshop: Leveraging the Latest Innovations in Catastrophe Modeling
Boston, MA, December 14, 2018
RiskInsight® and the KCC high resolution reference models are continuously enhanced with the newest technology and scientific advancements. The latest KCC CATLAB™ Workshop, held from December 10-13 in Boston, gave insurers and reinsurers an in-depth view of the cutting-edge catastrophe model innovations developed by KCC.
The immersive educational experience included hands on demonstrations of RiskInsight® and interactive presentations detailing the methodologies and assumptions behind the KCC Hurricane and Severe Convective Storm Reference Models. KCC experts led every session and were available throughout the workshop to provide immediate answers to any questions from participants.
Sessions for this CATLAB™ Workshop included:
- Discussion of ILS market specific needs and processes
- Comprehensive overview of RiskInsight® functions and features
- Recap of 2018 Hurricane Season, including post-event damage survey for Hurricane Michael
- Deep dive into Real-time Hurricane Tracking
- Deep dive into the KCC Hurricane Reference Model Version 2.0 – Wind and Storm Surge
- KCC Severe Convective Storm Reference Model – Overview of Scientific Methodology
- Deep dive into the KCC Severe Convective Storm Reference Model Version 2.0
- Utilizing Severe Convective Storm daily hail and tornado/wind footprints
- Aggregating event, monthly, and annual losses
- Detailed claims analysis process
- Creating RiskInsight® plugins
- Working session on claims analyses and plugins
CATLAB™ Workshops are periodically held for KCC client companies and provide unparalleled access to KCC experts in an informal environment. In this setting, catastrophe modeling professionals gain a deeper knowledge on the inner workings of the models and software.